Author Topic: Foreign interference in Canada (waldo free)  (Read 5365 times)

Offline waldo

Re: Chinese foreign interference in Canada
« Reply #315 on: June 01, 2023, 11:51:56 am »
TorStar - Linda McQuaig --- Is the foreign election-meddling scandal really worth the airtime?

There’s sure a lot of sound and fury going on, but is the Chinese-meddling-in-our-elections scandal really worth all the airtime it’s devouring?
The media is free to investigate whatever it wants and as aggressively as it wants. And I guess it’s not surprising that media outlets — owned by wealthy conservatives — are more interested in advancing scandals that negatively impact governments they don’t like.

It would be a mistake, however, to conclude that our major national media outlets are simply trying to sell newspapers or that they don’t have a dog in this fight.

Offline Queefer Sutherland

« Reply #316 on: June 01, 2023, 01:38:20 pm »
House of Commons passes motion for David Johnston to step down.  Liberals vote against motion,  shockingly.
"Nipples is one of the great minds of our time!" - Bubbermiley

Offline waldo

« Reply #317 on: June 01, 2023, 05:35:50 pm »
First Report - The Right Honourable David Johnston --- Independent Special Rapporteur on Foreign Interference

Executive Summary - Conclusions:
    1 - Foreign governments are undoubtedly attempting to influence candidates and voters in Canada. While much has been done already, more remains to be done promptly to strengthen our capacity to detect, deter and counter foreign interference in our elections.
    2 - When viewed in full context with all of the relevant intelligence, several leaked materials that raised legitimate questions turn out to have been misconstrued in some media reports, presumably because of the lack of this context.
    3 - There are serious shortcomings in the way intelligence is communicated and processed from security agencies through to government, but no examples have been identified of Ministers, the Prime Minister or their offices knowingly or negligently failing to act on intelligence, advice or recommendations.
    4 - A further public process is required to address issues relating to foreign interference, but there should not and need not be a separate Public Inquiry. A Public Inquiry examining the leaked materials could not be undertaken in public given the sensitivity of the intelligence. However, public hearings on the serious governance and policy issues identified to date should and will be held, at the earliest possible date, as part of the second phase of my mandate.
    5 - My conclusions concerning the media allegations, including the confidential annex to my report, should be referred to and reviewed by the National Security and Intelligence Committee of Parliamentarians (NSICOP) and the National Security and Intelligence Review Committee (NSIRA), and they should report publicly if they reach different conclusions.

Offline waldo

« Reply #318 on: June 01, 2023, 05:50:40 pm »

guest18

« Reply #320 on: June 01, 2023, 07:21:14 pm »
He’s not independent.  He’s a Liberal crony.
Appointed as GG by...Harper.

Offline After 9 years of Trudeau Shady

« Reply #321 on: June 01, 2023, 07:32:31 pm »
He was appointed as rapporteur by the Trudeau regime.  He’s 81 years old and has been out of office for 7 years.  You’re so easily duped.

guest18

« Reply #322 on: June 01, 2023, 07:59:43 pm »
You would have called Ezra Levant a Liberal crony if he was appointed too though, so it's hard to take you seriously.

« Reply #323 on: June 02, 2023, 06:35:18 am »
NDP also asking Johnson to step down.

Offline waldo

« Reply #324 on: June 02, 2023, 05:39:52 pm »
NDP also asking Johnson to step down.

BFD! Non-binding... so leader Singh steps forward to appear relevant, to appear engaged!

« Reply #325 on: June 07, 2023, 05:39:40 pm »
Mulcair calls Johnston testimony bewildering.

Offline waldo

« Reply #326 on: June 08, 2023, 11:50:30 pm »
I have to admit that Trudeau has done well, with the backing of communist China funding their preferred candidates.

c'mon Shady! Per Global News' (Sam Cooper) anonymous source(s), no less! By the by, Ontario MPP, Vincent Ke, denies he acted as a financial intermediary funnelling "money from China to its preferred candidates". Geezaz Shady, do you not realize the unsubstantiated anonymous sourced allegations state that the grouping of "2019's 11 preferred candidates includes both Conservative CPC candidates as well as Liberal candidates"? Vincent Ke denied the allegations as "false and defamatory."

are you not able to... name the names of said "preferred candidates", hey Shady? LOL!

Quote from: former Ontario PC MPP, Vincent Ke... now sitting as an Independent MPP
While the Global News allegations about me are false and defamatory, I do not want to be a distraction to the government and take away from the good work Premier Ford is doing for the province of Ontario. Therefore, I will be stepping away from the PC caucus in order to dedicate my time to clearing my name and representing my constituents.

Offline waldo

« Reply #327 on: June 09, 2023, 12:05:05 am »
A Farewell To Sam ‘Scooper’ Cooper, The Spy Agency Microphone --- The reporter behind many of the shoddy ‘Chinese interference’ stories is leaving Global News Friday as the lawsuits pile up.

oh nooooos! Not so-called "journalist" Sam Cooper - say it ain't so, hey Shady/Nipples?

Quote from: journalist David Mastracci
In recent months, I’ve been closely following Cooper’s work, particularly his series of articles on MP Han Dong and alleged Chinese interference in Canadian elections. In my own writing, I’ve described this work as untrustworthy, lacking evidence, missing important information, “unconvincing,” “shoddy,” “inherently racist” (due to an absence of proof, not because of any of his personal views) and many other not-so-flattering words.

As such, it should be no surprise that I’m happy Cooper and Global News are breaking up. I don’t know Cooper, I’ve never met him and I have no opinions on him as a person — I just don’t like his work, and think mainstream media will be a better (or more accurately, less shitty) place without it.

« Reply #328 on: June 09, 2023, 11:29:10 am »
A Farewell To Sam ‘Scooper’ Cooper, The Spy Agency Microphone --- The reporter behind many of the shoddy ‘Chinese interference’ stories is leaving Global News Friday as the lawsuits pile up.

oh nooooos! Not so-called "journalist" Sam Cooper - say it ain't so, hey Shady/Nipples?
Sheesh waldo, you’re getting quite worked up!  Take deep breaths buddy!

Offline waldo

« Reply #329 on: June 09, 2023, 11:46:42 am »
Sheesh waldo, you’re getting quite worked up!  Take deep breaths buddy!

you natteringBuffoon! How shocking that you have nothing to say about your guy, Sam Cooper, as the lawsuits continue to stack up, being set adrift by Global/Corus!