Author Topic: Federal Election 2019  (Read 3769 times)

0 Members and 0 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline waldo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2515

Offline Granny

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 857
Re: Federal Election 2019
« Reply #901 on: October 28, 2019, 08:09:14 pm »
Green votes will be coveted for validation by climate superhero Trudeau. :  )
Because of Greens, every party had to have a climate plan, to satisfy their own voters.
It isn't just about numbers.
People are listening to the Greens, and pushing their parties to address climate change more effectively.
Democracy at it's best.

Offline waldo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2515
Re: Federal Election 2019
« Reply #902 on: October 29, 2019, 01:44:05 am »
Green votes will be coveted for validation by climate superhero Trudeau. :  )
Because of Greens, every party had to have a climate plan, to satisfy their own voters.
It isn't just about numbers.
People are listening to the Greens, and pushing their parties to address climate change more effectively.
Democracy at it's best.

the Green Party is irrelevant in any confidence voting scenario. Those initial lofty (media fueled) days with the GP seat projections @ 10-to-12 seats crashed to reality with an eventual single seat increase - to 3. Why waldo, why? Well... partly, the GP platform proper and the targeted "Mission Improbable" plan were exposed for their inadequacies, failings and missing practical feasibility. Also, partly, Elizabeth May became a profiled negative 'nutter' influence on the GP. May has contributed but is now long past her 'best before date' - leadership review please!

Dumb Dumb x 1 View List

Offline waldo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2515
Re: Federal Election 2019
« Reply #903 on: October 29, 2019, 01:44:56 am »
338 polling election result analysis: the East-West 'divide' is nothing new... but the most significant 2019 result is one that highlights another division - an urban versus rural divide!

in terms of voting efficiency:

=> the Scheer/CPC 2015-to-2019 vote share increase was, "not at all uniform and, more importantly, did not occur where it was needed".

=> Scheer/CPC increased their vote share in 194 of 338 electoral districts (57%)... but lost ground compared to 2015 in the remaining 144 districts (43%). More pointedly, "out of those 144 districts where the Conservatives lost ground, no fewer than 139 are in Quebec and Ontario. The remaining five are located in B.C.ís Lower Mainland."

=> Quebec and Ontario hold 199 federal electoral districts - compared to 2015, Scheer/CPC lost ground in 70% of districts in the two most populous provinces in the country... 139 of the 199 districts (70%).

=> among the 60 electoral districts with the highest population density in Canada, Scheer/CPC won a grand total of zero of them (Liberals 50, NDP 8, BQ 1, IND 1); as below:



now this urban/rural divide was a known entity within the Scheer/CPC internal party polling - a clear indication of a likely defeat... and yet, it didn't stop weak Andy & lil' Hamish, till the very end, chest pumping, projecting a win... a majority win no less, and all but pronouncing himself Prime Minister in waiting for the final results!
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Offline Poonlight Graham

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3805
Re: Federal Election 2019
« Reply #904 on: October 29, 2019, 06:06:14 am »
Agreed waldo.  GTA, Ottawa, Montreal, went strongly Liberal.  Add much of the maritimes and that's all she wrote.
"The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth"  - African proverb

Offline the_squid

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2014
Re: Federal Election 2019
« Reply #905 on: October 31, 2019, 02:04:10 pm »
Is anyone else wondering what Trudeau is wearing for Halloween this year???   I bet he goes easy on the makeup... 
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline ?Impact

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2784
Re: Federal Election 2019
« Reply #906 on: October 31, 2019, 02:53:28 pm »
Is anyone else wondering what Trudeau is wearing for Halloween this year???

He will be trick or treating as a Conservative - very scary indeed.
Funny Funny x 1 View List

Offline Poonlight Graham

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3805
Re: Federal Election 2019
« Reply #907 on: October 31, 2019, 04:33:48 pm »
Is anyone else wondering what Trudeau is wearing for Halloween this year???   I bet he goes easy on the makeup...

He could just go as himself.
"The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth"  - African proverb